Thursday 12 March 2009

Ok ... class 2 coming up, earlier in the week (as you can see below) I made some backgrounds .. this is going to be the first class doing something with them.
Today is an ATC making class .. Now I know a lot of you already do the ATC thing .. But there are many who aren't quite sure what they are, how you do them or why we do them ! ..
Ok so here's the deal, there are only 2 rules
1. they must measure 2.5 " x 3.5 "
2. They can only ever be traded/ swapped never sold.
& that's it, any medium, paint, collage, embellishments, inks, stamping, anything you can think of ..let your mind run wild lol :D
Why do we do them ? .. lot's of reasons ..it's great fun, it's a brilliant way of using up all those scraps left over from your LO's, You get miniature works of art from any where in the world & you never know what's going to drop through your door in the post !
Have a try, I promise you they are addictive , so you have been warned ! :D

I used the first background sheet that I made for this project, & I cut a rectangle 2.5" x 3.5" out of it.
& I selected my image that I was going to use too.
I have added the image here incase you want to use the same one ..just copy & paste it.




The next thing to do is to cut around the image so that you lose the background, you then attach the image to the ATC with either Mod Podge or PVA glue (some people prefer to water the PVA down, but it's not something that I've ever done, but that's up to you)
I glue all over the entire background, place the image & then glue over the image too, this makes them harder wearing & also gives a nice sheen to the atc.



Once this has dried (it doesn't take very long)I used my cropodile to set 5 small eyelets down the right hand side of the card.



I then used a stamp of a ruler (this is a Clarity Stamp) & I used Jet black archival Ink to stamp the image along the bottom of the ATC over the picture of the girl.



Then I added some ribbon (adhering it at the back)& feeding it through the eyelets, adding a bead, then tying a bow at the bottom & adding a small padlock charm.




Don't forget that on the back you need to put your name, how many of the card you made i.e 1/5 or 2/6
You can add other info such as what you used if it's something a bit different.
You also add the date, & you can if you wish name the ATC.
This one I have named Hedgerow Gypsy.
So on the back ofthis ATC I have written :
Anneliese Bates
12/03/2009
1/1
Hedgerow Gypsy.

I hope if you haven't already tried ATC's that you maybe will give it a go now ... & I will gladly do a 1 to 1 swap with anyone who decides they will have a go ! just let me know :D

4 comments:

  1. Aww nice. Good clear instructions again Anneliese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks charming on that backgroud, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful photograph, well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are much appreciated :o)

Crafty Blogs