Monday 8 November 2010

Well, what a fantastic time we had !


What can I say, the show was brilliant, had SOOO much fun demo'ing for the four days, we started off the mornings using Tim Holtz distress inks then we did a couple of hours over the lunch time demo'ing Alcohol inks, followed by some art journaling with Claudine Hellmuth Studio line paints and also the Melt Pot, the problem was that we started off with over 700 distress inks on Thursday morning, by saturday evening we just had about a dozen left, and by last night it had dwindled to 3, So we had to keep finding things to demonstrate, I used the blending tools on the spinner and sold out of blending tools, I used alcohol inks, we ran out of Blending solution, I used the melt pot and we sold out of those too lol... it wasn't because we didn't take much, we did, we just sold A LOT, which is great but by Sunday I was down to filling a configurations box that Tim Holtz produces, I used the Tissue tape & filled it with all kinds of trinkets, the result was that we only had a few of those left by the end of the show too ! ... But I had a wonderful time with my Brother Jamie who owns Artist Trading Post, My sister in law Sharon & my Mum as we all worked together for the 4 days. One of the highlights of the show was meeting people who either follow my blog, I know through UK scrappers or have traded ATC's with previously (I always take a small stash of ATC's to shows, you never know who might want to trade !) SO if you came to see us at the show thank you, if you spent your hard earned cash with us, thank you Thank you :D :D
I will post a picture of the completed configurations box as soon as Jamie gets a chance to send one across to me (Poor Sharon & Jamie have the long task of emptying the stash and stands out of the car and putting them all back into the shop .. & in this awful weather too :( )
So I'll leave you with a picture of me demo'ing (or should that be playing ?) at the show x

5 comments:

  1. It was a great show and was great seeing you again! Glad you had an amazing time - even if you did sell out of everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they didn't have much stash left to unload!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised you had a near sell out - proof that your demonstrations are so inspirational. Just sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised you sold out of sooooooo many things. I went on Thursday and thought your demos were great.
    I can't wait to visit the shop and buy a few more bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anneliese, it was so lovely to talk to you on Saturday and I loved the way you painted your Journal pages, I'm definately going to try th baby wipe technique! I wish I had known you had ATCs to swap, I'd have swapped with you. Can I send you one? S xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are much appreciated :o)

Crafty Blogs